whittle away in a sentence
1) We whittled away until we found the right set of compromises.
2) It also let the environment whittle away at individual genes.
3) After the defense has been whittled away it then starts bleeding normally.
4) Get your priorities right and whittle away the non-essentials.
whittle away example sentences5) Or were battalions recruited on mass and then slowly whittled away in action.
6) That time has been whittled away.
7) Step by step, the ruling class can whittle away any possible opposition.
8) He whittles away at what troubles him, trying to absorb unwelcome thoughts.
9) We had not quickly and thoroughly enough whittled away from Stalin's methods.
10) Soon, it will be whittled away by the loggers.
11) Guns N' Roses' original lineup was whittled away throughout the decade.
12) The slippage principle should make for enervation and a general whittling away.
13) I can't afford to whittle away a significant lump sum on shopping anymore.
14) In short, this is an exceedingly comfortable place to whittle away the miles.
example sentences with away15) After the 1870 transfer, some of the North-West Territories was whittled away.
16) While waiting he brought out a penknife and began whittling away a table-top.
17) Speculation and worry can whittle away at our inner strength and weaken our hearts.
18) Organizational changes continued to whittle away at the wing's strength in 1966 and 1967.
19) The Anglo-Irish Treaty of 1922 had been gradually whittled away by Éamon de Valera.
20) The deals, the contracts for actors, the union, everything has been whittled away.
21) We spent the visit acknowledging how the pain she experienced was whittling away at her faith.
22) The defection of George and other nobles was instrumental in whittling away the King's support.
23) He has whittles away so much of the pagan soldiers that he has completely milled his log.
24) It had been her only gain; she did not mean to let it be whittled away.
25) Common but skewed thinking imagines that doing ab work will somehow "whittle away" the midsection fat.
26) Bayless scored eight in the fourth quarter in helping Memphis whittle away at the Spurs ' lead.
27) Viewed in this way, science seems determined to whittle away at faith by explaining the mysterious.
How to use away in a sentence28) So after a while, those 300 amendments that might have been offered on Monday are whittled away.
29) Corporations now have the same rights as individuals, and workers' rights have been slowly whittled away.
30) The loss of the pawn eventually allowed Zappa to whittle away Rybka's defenses and win the game.
31) For many indigenes this meant that their once dependable resources were whittled away to the point of non-sustainability.
32) Author Chris Lubkemann will help you whittle away the hours with clear guidance on becoming an expert whittler.
33) It's the "OMG CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE" comments that whittle away my faith in the internet.
34) Putting the Burgess weirdos into more conventional groups whittles away at some of the shale's apparently huge diversity.
35) I wanted to be able to focus on each line item, whittling away the cost as I could.
36) Then it'd probably be a good place to whittle away a few hours on a hot summer night.
37) They understand that whittling away at your rights a little at a time will go unnoticed by most.
38) One by one, Israel's reasons for declining to go to a peace conference are being whittled away.
39) Euler's continued fraction theorem is still of central importance in modern attempts to whittle away at the convergence problem.
40) They have been taking up valuable space in my fridge ever since, only slightly whittled away by school lunches.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of whittle away
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of whittle away with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with whittle away
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word whittle away in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with whittle away.
20 examples of simple sentences of whittle away. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of whittle away
Compound Sentences with whittle away
Complex Sentences with whittle away
Compound-Complex Sentences with whittle away