war artist in a sentence
1) They were responsible for appointing war artists .
2) A war artist depicts some aspect of war through art.
3) The war artist crafted a chilling, harsh, vivid image.
war artist example sentences4) Female war artists , however, remained and remain a rarity.
5) The official war artist continued to be supported in some military engagements.
6) Kennington returned to the front in 1917 as an official war artist .
7) He was a portrait painter and official war artist during the first world war.
8) Linda Kitson was the official war artist accompanying British troops during the Falklands Conflict.
9) War artists are nothing new.
10) The Australian tradition of "official war artists " started with the First World War.
11) The Company commissioned the war artist , Ernst Eigener, to prepare the design.
12) War artists have depicted all the conflicts in which Australians have been called to combat.
13) He also commissioned " war artists " to follow him on campaigns to document his military triumphs.
14) The commissions related to the official war artists programmes insisted on the recording of scenes of war.
15) The farm later serves host to Leo Stevenson, explaining the role of an official war artist .
example sentences with war artist16) Nash used his opportunity as a war artist to bring home the full horrors of the conflict.
17) The British official war artists of the First World war created a unique account of that conflict.
18) At the beginning of the war artists portrayed the Japanese as nearsighted, bucktoothed, harmless children.
19) In 1918, he was commissioned as an official war artist for the Canadian war Records Office.
20) Some of the most successful war artists were appointed from combatant ranks after proving to be inept soldiers.
21) Although Brangwyn produced over 80 poster designs during the War, he was not an official war artist .
22) War artists have been appointed by the government to supplement the record of New Zealand's military history.
23) Not long after the wedding , her new husband joined the army, serving as a war artist .
24) A serious car crash during a Zeppelin bombing raid also kept him from fulfilling this role as war artist .
25) Australian war artist George Gittoes collected independent interviews with soldiers while producing his documentary "Soundtrack To War".
26) He served as a war artist , and died when the aircraft he was on was lost off Iceland.
27) By the time Bomberg applied for a war artist's commission in 1939 he was a sadly neglected figure.
28) Several World war I drawings in the collection of war artists , University of California at Los Angeles.
How to use war artist in a sentence
How to use war artist in a sentence29) Ken Howard, Linda Kitson and Keane, like most war artists , were appointed directly though special recommendations.
30) For a man so rooted in his domesticity the nomadic life of the Official war artist was a gamble.
31) When Day was drafted in late 1942, he was slated to become part of an Army war artists program.
32) British participation in foreign wars has been the subject of paintings and other works created by Britain's war artists .
33) Two war artists were present during the German air raid on Étaples in May 1918 which also targeted the hospitals.
34) After the outbreak of war Lowry served as a volunteer fire watcher and became an official war artist in 1943.
35) During WWII he was appointed an official war artist and received a commission as Captain in the Royal Marines.
36) As a war artist , Colville studied its heroes and victims, sometimes committing war's absurd banality to canvas.
37) The war artist or combat artist captures instantaneous action and conflates earlier moments of the same scene within one compelling image.
38) Turner Prize-nominated video artist Willie Doherty, Official war artist Paul Seawright and live artist Anne Seagrave.
39) War artists explore the visual and sensory dimensions of war, often absent in written histories or other accounts of warfare.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of war artist
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of war artist with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with war artist
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word war artist in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with war artist.
20 examples of simple sentences of war artist. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of war artist
Compound Sentences with war artist
Complex Sentences with war artist
Compound-Complex Sentences with war artist