steel arch in a sentence
1) Other support measures could include steel arches , rockbolts and mesh.
2) It consists of three 60 m tall asymmetrical steel arches that crisscross diagonally.
3) It then crosses Eagle Canyon via a pair of steel arch bridges.
steel arch example sentences4) This has required some drastic solutions using steel arches and several feet of shotcrete.
5) The " steel arch Universal Pattern Mark I" was issued in 1891.
6) Turning North, you will see Glen Canyon Dam and its steel arch bridge.
7) Even today, the Bayonne Bridge has the second-longest steel arch span in the world.
8) The mob of approximately 10,000 attempted to hang James from large steel arches that spanned the intersection.
9) It is then replaced by a steel arch bridge multiple totally destroyed by the Germans in 1944.
10) The road deck is in the form of a curve and is supported by a steel arch .
11) The road deck was 84 ft above the river and was supported by a 531 ft steel arch .
12) The Sydney Harbour Bridge was constructed in 1932 and it remains the world's largest steel arch bridge.
13) However, the side spans are supported not by suspender cables, but from steel arches from below.
14) He penned a graceful steel arch spanning the fort and carrying the roadway to the bridge's southern anchorage.
15) There is a steel arch bridge under construction over the River Dri (Dibang River) near Anini.
example sentences with steel arch16) The bridge today consists of eleven original open-spandrel steel arch spans plus two steel girder approach spans at the Cambridge end.
17) This is the Merchant's Bridge, where the 3m wide deck is hung by 13 hangers from the steel arches .
18) The original opened in 1929 as the Grand Canyon Bridge and was billed as the highest steel arch bridge in the world .
19) This steel arch bridge is one of the world's longest of its kind, with a majestic 1,675-foot central span.
20) The original plan called for a single steel arch similar in design to the arch design of the Washington (Heights) Bridge.
21) The huge, ugly steel arch built in Soviet times to commemorate the union of Russia and Ukraine stands untouched at the end of Kreshchatik, though the union is no more.
22) The structure was completed in 1948 as a steel arch bridge to span the river near the falls as part of a reconstruction project of US 41 between Ishpeming and L'Anse.
23) By August 27, 1897, the last pieces of the Suspension Bridge were dismantled, leaving the Lower steel arch Bridge-later renamed the Whirlpool Rapids Bridge-in its stead.
24) The Suspension Bridge was finally replaced by the steel arch Bridge, which was later renamed the Whirlpool Rapids Bridge, on August 27, 1897.
25) Each span consists of three steel arches : A center arch which is 22 ft in width, and two outer arches each 11 ft in width.
26) Steel for the reinforced concrete structure and for the steel arches within its spans was assembled on the D.C. shoreline, then floated by barge to the worksite.
27) Designed by the State Highway Department and built by the firm of Meads and Anderson, the Ontonagon River Bridge is one of only three steel arch bridges in Michigan.
28) A series of 10m high blue steel arches called the "Phoenix Gateway" has been installed on the roundabout closest to the Hemel Hempstead junction of the M1 motorway.
How to use steel arch in a sentence29) Over-bridges can sometimes be built by covering a road or river or railway with brick or steel arches , and then leveling the surface with earth.
30) The tunnel may be of in situ concrete, precast concrete, precast arches,or corrugated steel arches ; in early days brickwork was used.
31) Although opened in 1970, this section was not formally complete until 1990 when a second steel arch bridge spanning Eagle Canyon was opened to traffic.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of steel arch
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of steel arch with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with steel arch
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word steel arch in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with steel arch.
20 examples of simple sentences of steel arch. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of steel arch
Compound Sentences with steel arch
Complex Sentences with steel arch
Compound-Complex Sentences with steel arch