dead ahead in a sentence
1) Then traffic controllers supposedly warned that a suspect airliner was dead ahead .
2) Or a third: "Warning: Crash dead ahead .
3) If it's dead ahead , your initial tack doesn't matter.
dead ahead example sentences4) Once past this small tunnel, the formation is dead ahead of you.
5) When the target was dead ahead , the blips would be equal length.
6) Off the bow, his lookout spotted a faint white light... dead ahead .
7) The plane landed in the water dead ahead , about 500 yards off the bow.
8) Bill says No , look here at the radar, a reef dead ahead .
9) Loft Crag and Pike O'Stickle lay dead ahead .
10) That's it dead ahead .
11) We signalman asked for a bearing of the Maddox . She was dead ahead .
12) The Maddox was dead ahead and CIC held a contact in the direction I was looking.
13) Which means , as I said some time ago , that more national dysfunction lies dead ahead .
14) But it was there all right, dead ahead - a bar, knife-sharp and deadly.
15) Pilots in the lower Sub-Flights now began to see their opponents, dead ahead and lower.
example sentences with dead ahead16) They were Spitfires, dead ahead and so close it was impossible, coming directly at him.
17) The rain slacked as she approached dead ahead of a troop transport, overlapped by a freighter.
18) They appeared dead ahead , separated from the "Litke" by 10 kilometers of solid sea ice.
19) The first wave struck from dead ahead , torpedoing SS Paul Hamilton and SS "Samite".
20) The crew now wanted to abandon ship, and a few minutes later red flares were seen dead ahead .
21) On 27 January, she sighted the conning tower of an "Ro"-class submarine dead ahead .
22) Taking his seat to her left , he glanced across at her: still she stared dead ahead .
23) Pirate armada dead ahead !
24) Anyone with even a modicum of spiritual discernment can see that there's very rough spiritual sea dead ahead .
25) Earth and its satellites were dead ahead , a tiny shining dot almost indistinguishable from all the other shining dots.
26) He let go the clutch, lifted the front wheel and drove at the far bank, sand-spit dead ahead .
27) Heartbreak dead ahead " settled for a 61 showing but was 11 on the R&B chart.
28) The forked road which every star, perhaps every person, faces at least once in a lifetime lay dead ahead .
How to use dead ahead in a sentence29) Four Aichi "Val" dive bombers attacked her from dead ahead , dropping their bombs which exploded wide to port.
30) DeBellevue's radar then painted the MiGs dead ahead at 25,000 feet, and Ritchie ordered the flight to light afterburners.
31) Presently the moon rose, dead ahead of me; and painted boldly across its face was the figure of an Indian.
32) Later that day, as she patrolled off Alet Island, "Tunny" made radar contact with a ship dead ahead .
33) But sonar echoes received from a narrow beam of sound directed dead ahead would not be so readily received by laterally placed ears.
34) Then almost dead ahead , the lookout picked up what appeared to be the wake of a small vessel running away at high speed.
35) Then another time, while on watch on the Captain's Bridge, with the Captain who had come up for observations, a sub was reported dead ahead .
36) During the latter portion of the day the barometer fell considerably, and towards the evening it blew almost a gale of wind from the eastward, dead ahead of our course.
37) The was a Rode NT2a set to the figure 8 pattern with the null set pointed dead ahead and the 8 spread catching left and right.
38) Finding herself almost dead ahead , Skipjack fired a "down the throat" spread of three torpedoes that sank the Kanan Maru.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:nalcakar at gmail.com
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of dead ahead
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of dead ahead with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with dead ahead
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word dead ahead in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with dead ahead.
20 examples of simple sentences of dead ahead. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of dead ahead
Compound Sentences with dead ahead
Complex Sentences with dead ahead
Compound-Complex Sentences with dead ahead