authorial voice in a sentence
1) The independent filmmaker usually embodies an authorial voice .
2) Beautifully told, with a clear authorial voice - a voice to look out for.
3) Students understand her authorial voice better when they know something about her work in these areas.
4) Most often these are the same: authorial voice and narratorial voice are most often the same voice.
authorial voice example sentences5) They say he intentionally muted his authorial voice to create the effect of Malcolm X speaking directly to readers.
6) For example, Dickens is fond of parenthetical constructions which allow the generalizing authorial voice to interrupt the narrative flow.
7) For the movement from immanent proximity to critical distance in de Man's authorial voice has already done that work.
8) You express your authorial voice and the voice of your story through tone, perspective, style, language and pace.
9) The authorial voice is also to be heard, however, throughout his selection and reflection on the individual thinkers surveyed.
10) Normally, Tim Burton is a director with strong authorial voice who lets you know you're in his fantasy world.
11) His comic timing is spot-on, and his authorial voice is so distinct that when I later read a story by him in hardcopy, I could almost hear his voice in my head.
12) It doesn't waste time with a self-regarding authorial voice ('I'll show you this because...', 'we'll see this – when I get round to mentioning it later...').
13) Not with Wallace Beery dragging his heels, or with the persistence of what can only be described as MGM's authorial voice .
14) NYT does a better job, generally, than any other mainstream medium, and I'm including The Guardian, to which I am addicted but which sadly trades precision for authorial voice .
example sentences with authorial15) Durrell's narrative device echoes Dostoievsky's polyphonic novel, i.e., a novel with no single author, but with many different authorial voices expressing different viewpoints.
16) The scholar Anthony Dawahare has notably written on the book's "dialectical and utopian consciousness" as it relates specifically to "the authorial voice .
17) It is apparent when we read the novel that Charles Dickens expressed many of his own views when writing the narrative, using a strong authorial voice .
18) The second, or final, continuation is remarkable for being in one authorial voice, and it relates the events of The Anarchy in England.
19) One simple and obvious way of eliminating the authorial voice and giving a realistic effect to the novel is to make a character the narrator, as in Robinson Crusoe or Jane Eyre or David Copperfield .
20) The intrusive authorial voice itself is often used to point to the formal conventions of the novel, and thus to prevent a naive confusion of literature with life.
21) The pace is leisurely, the tone is mildly didactic (with an authorial voice that occasionally bursts through the narrative), and the canvas is very broad.
22) Before she can eat, Snow White assumes the authorial voice, insisting that the other characters are her inventions, and that it is she who has always held the real power.
23) The Shining Girls seems to have been met with broad critical acclaim as well, but beyond Beukes' wonderful authorial voice, nothing about this book did it for me.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of authorial voice
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of authorial voice with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with authorial voice
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word authorial voice in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with authorial voice.
20 examples of simple sentences of authorial voice. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of authorial voice
Compound Sentences with authorial voice
Complex Sentences with authorial voice
Compound-Complex Sentences with authorial voice