asthenosphere in a sentence
1) The asthenosphere erodes the lower levels of the Plateau.
2) It was found that the asthenosphere had invaded the overlying lithosphere.
3) In seafloor spreading, magma moves from the asthenosphere to the crust.
4) The slab acts as conveyors drawing water into the hotter, drier asthenosphere.
asthenosphere example sentences5) The outer layers of the Earth are divided into the lithosphere and asthenosphere.
6) If a planet ever had a proper asthenosphere, this process can destroy it.
7) The terrestrial geotherm only to the depths of the asthenosphere (right).
8) The lithosphere is only 30 km and there is a low seismic velocity asthenosphere below.
9) Oceanic lithosphere has a mean density rather close to that of the immediately underlying asthenosphere.
10) The weakness of the asthenosphere allows the tectonic plates to move easily towards a subduction zone.
11) Alternatively, subducted oceanic crust may be able to pull adjacent continental crust down into the asthenosphere.
12) Top: delamination by intrusion of hot asthenosphere; Bottom: Subduction of ocean crust.
13) asthenosphere The asthenosphere is a part of the upper mantle that exhibits plastic (flowing) properties.
14) asthenosphere The asthenosphere is a part of the upper mantle that exhibits plastic (flowing) properties.
example sentences with asthenosphere15) Beneath the lithosphere is the asthenosphere, a relatively low-viscosity layer on which the lithosphere rides.
16) When confining pressure is great, however, they deform ductilely, like rocks in the asthenosphere.
17) Tectonic plates are able to move because the Earth's lithosphere has greater strength than the underlying asthenosphere.
18) This would drag the underlying asthenosphere along and promote a compensatory upward movement within the mantle under mid-oceanic ridges.
19) Metal flowing to the Earth's surface could transform the asthenosphere from a sluggish tar into a liquid.
20) Beneath the lithospheric plates lies the ASTHENOSPHERE, a layer of the mantle composed of denser semi-solid rock.
21) Mechanically, the lithosphere is cooler and more rigid, while the asthenosphere is hotter and flows more easily.
22) Deep within the asthenosphere the pressure and temperature are so high that the rock can soften and partly melt.
23) The smooth motion of the Earth's tectonic plates cannot be caused by mineral hydration in the asthenosphere.
24) Beneath it, the asthenosphere is a zone of partial melting and ductile flow in which waves are significantly slowed.
25) After this, the asthenosphere penetrated to the surface, a mid-oceanic ridge formed and normal oceanic crust was formed.
26) Because the plates are less dense than the asthenosphere beneath them, they are floating on top of the asthenosphere.
27) Because the plates are less dense than the asthenosphere beneath them, they are floating on top of the asthenosphere.
How to use asthenosphere in a sentence28) This substitution of less dense asthenosphere for denser lithosphere will result in uplift of the landsurface on the upper-plate margin.
29) Gravitational studies suggest that Venus lacks an asthenosphere–a layer of lower viscosity that facilitates the movement of tectonic plates.
30) For now we focus on Earth's upper 200 km - down to the zone of partial melting in the asthenosphere.
31) A third type of basin exists along convergent plate boundaries - places where one tectonic plate moves under another into the asthenosphere.
32) Each of these areas of continental lithosphere are thought to have overridden regions of hot asthenosphere associated with former mid-oceanic spreading ridges.
33) Cool, thick, old oceanic lithosphere is gravitationally unstable as it is generally denser than the asthenosphere over which it lies.
34) End of plate tectonics: The elimination of an asthenosphere causes the cessation of plate tectonics, if they were ever present.
35) The apparent absence of the slab may be due to poor seismic constraints or due to a low velocity contrast as the asthenosphere warms the sinking slab making it indistinct from the surrounding mantle.
36) PT: While the crust is hard and brittle, just below it (about 60 miles below earth's surface) lies the asthenosphere, a region that is soft and deformable.
37) Notice that although the cool oceanic plate is sinking, the cool but less dense continental plate floats like a cork on top of the denser asthenosphere.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of asthenosphere
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of asthenosphere with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with asthenosphere
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word asthenosphere in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with asthenosphere.
20 examples of simple sentences of asthenosphere. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of asthenosphere
Compound Sentences with asthenosphere
Complex Sentences with asthenosphere
Compound-Complex Sentences with asthenosphere