approach span in a sentence
1) An wrought iron bridge with six timber approach spans .
2) The original approach span on the Virginia side was 152 ft long.
3) Major strengthening and replacement works were carried out on the suspended superstructure and approach spans .
approach span example sentences4) There are also seventeen much shorter and more conventional plate-girder approach spans on the shore.
5) The crossing has a main span of 128 ft flanked by two 52 ft approach spans .
6) The remaining approach spans were replaced on both sides of the river during 1928 and 1929.
7) This bridge was four spans long, with two main spans, and approach spans measuring each.
8) In 2003 the Roads & Traffic Authority began completely repainting the southern approach spans of the bridge.
9) Work was carried out during the twentieth century to replace the approach spans and strengthen the main spans.
10) The bridge today consists of eleven original open-spandrel steel arch spans plus two steel girder approach spans at the Cambridge end.
11) Each of the arches spans 140 m. When the approach spans are included the total length is 715 m weighing 8,480 tons.
12) Its unique design consists of two 455 ft lenticular iron trusses 100 ft above the water, with conventional plate-girder approach spans .
13) The approach span in the southeast is supported by a reinforced concrete T-beam, and the deck is supported by concrete girders.
14) The two-lane vehicular highway bridge features ten deck truss spans: two central spans of 800 feet, six side spans of 500 feet and two approach spans of 300 feet.
15) This bridge has a swing span pivoting on a cylindrical stone pier at mid-stream, flanked by a approach span on either side.
example sentences with approach span16) On September 28, 2012, the St. Johns River drawbridge in Sanford was closed for 54 hours while construction crews demolished and replaced the bridge approach spans .
17) Each was 266 feet (81 m) in length, and was connected to the approach spans by a 38 foot (11.6 m) cantilever.
18) The approach spans , and the end bearings for the main spans, were fabricated by the American Bridge Company at its shops located in Ambridge, Pennsylvania.
19) Farris also erected the two pony truss approach spans , repaired and painted the main superstructure, and paved the bridge deck and the two approaches.
20) The 1 025m long main viaduct of the bridge was composed of a central main navigation span, two flanking secondary navigation spans, and 19 approach spans .
21) This swing bridge is similar to the moving span at Spuyten Duyvil owned by parent New York Central, but has no approach spans .
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of approach span
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of approach span with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with approach span
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word approach span in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with approach span.
20 examples of simple sentences of approach span. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of approach span
Compound Sentences with approach span
Complex Sentences with approach span
Compound-Complex Sentences with approach span