aestivate in a sentence
1) They do not brumate but may aestivate in hot, dry weather.
2) The frogs and the fish aestivate .
3) Most of them are fossorial, spending the hot dry months aestivating in deep burrows.
aestivate example sentences4) Aborigines used to visit the mountains in summer to gorge on the fat-rich aestivating moths.
5) Your Pomacea is likely attempting to aestivate , i.e., to enter its normal resting phase.
6) If the water temperature becomes too high, some species of sea cucumber from temperate seas can aestivate .
7) After aestivating in spring, the plant sends up its true leaves, each up to in length.
8) Office hibernators are sporadic attenders, preferring to hibernate at home (or aestivate on hot beaches).
9) Aestivate , used esp .
10) They then aestivate for the summer, where they will enter into a "dormant" state similar to that of hibernation.
11) Wild snails aestivate in mud for part of the year, and without this resting phase, they seem not to live for their normal lifespan in captivity.
12) The water holding frog in Australia has a similar life cycle and may aestivate for as long as five years if no rain falls.
13) Tortoises from the southern parts of the range experience much hotter, colder, and drier conditions than most of the range and aestivate when food becomes scarce.
14) Like most other snakes, rattlesnakes aestivate during very hot or dry periods, which is why they are rarely seen during the hottest and driest months of summer.
15) Herpetologist Wilfred T. Neill, reported in 1950 that he unearthed a bowfin aestivating in a chamber below the ground surface, in diameter, from a river.
example sentences with aestivate16) Members of the Australian genus "Cyclorana" bury themselves underground where they create a water-impervious cocoon in which to aestivate during dry periods.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:nalcakar at gmail.com
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of aestivate
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of aestivate with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with aestivate
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word aestivate in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with aestivate.
20 examples of simple sentences of aestivate. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of aestivate
Compound Sentences with aestivate
Complex Sentences with aestivate
Compound-Complex Sentences with aestivate