go aground in a sentence
1) How did Captain Cook keep the ship from going aground ?
2) They went aground on the beach or bar in winter.
3) Through a series of problems the Kulluk went aground .
go aground example sentences4) She had only partially gone aground , and the tugs pulled her off.
5) August 2 .--The steamship Georgian went aground off Duxbury Reef.
6) The Japanese team is from a fictional submarine that went aground on Swedish rocks.
7) Later refloating herself she went hard aground a few yards away in Prussia Cove.
8) Logically speaking it is not possible sail among the mid Pacific islands and not go aground .
9) In 2007 the container ship MSC "Napoli" went aground off Branscombe beach in Devon.
10) Examples of a vessel in peril are when it is aground or in danger of going aground .
11) The "Corwin" struck a reef off Cape Douglas on her return trip and went hard aground .
12) Another yacht which went aground near the approaches to the River Crouch managed to refloat before help arrived.
13) The 34 foot sailing yacht had gone aground on its passage through the Wrach Channel to the Locks.
14) In March 1911, the "Kingdom" went aground and was destroyed off the coast of French West Africa.
15) It made the lead, as did my early-hours account of a ship going aground off the South Wales coast.
example sentences with go aground16) On December 3, 1849, the "Nancy" with a cargo of bricks went aground on Plum Island.
17) SIX men on a sea angling trip were rescued after their vessel went aground off the coast of north east Scotland.
18) Lifeboats also stood by the yacht Giaconda as it waited to refloat after going aground near the entrance to the River Colne.
19) When you finally get oriented to your cove you discover the truth: your anchor has dragged and you're in imminent danger of going aground on nearby rocks.
20) Consequently, I tore a chunk out of the dock, which, I thought, was preferable to explaining to a court martial that we went aground because we had no accurate charts.
21) In April 1936, the Italian SS Maddalena Odero went aground on cable Number Four, 5.82 nautical miles from the Key West Cable Hut.
22) In October of 1922, a heavily laden boat went aground on Cable Number Two approximately 2,240 feet from the Havana Cable Hut.
23) The ferry went aground the night of July 4 on a ferry trip from St. John to St. Croix following St. John Festival parade and fireworks.
24) Ten cargo lighters sank, several went aground , and seven were damaged before the typhoon went on to Canton, where massive destruction was also caused.
25) On October 23, the defenders scored a significant victory when the "HMS Augusta (64)" and the "HMS Merlin (18)" went aground near the fort.
26) A narrow bend in the river, a rocky stretch or a sudden shallows could cause the logs to go aground and pile up.
27) That day, she received on board 140 officers and enlisted men from the minelayer , which had gone aground during the typhoon.
28) Norna On 15 June 1914, near Masthead Island the 89-ton two-masted wooden Schooner built at Brooklyn, New York in 1879 went aground .
How to use go aground in a sentence29) Actually, one naval vessel, the "BRP Benguet", attempted to dock near the island in 2004 but it was damaged and went aground .
30) She also conducted salvage and wreckage clearance operations on a sunken Italian destroyer and towed HMS "Thruster" off a nearby beach where she had gone aground .
31) She was forced to stop and anchor to avoid going aground , just about the time that the lead monitors were coming under fire.
32) Soon after reaching Tuy Hoa, "Terrell County", with her troops still embarked, broached in the heavy surf and went aground .
33) Trying to get around the Gulf Coast, they built five barges, but in November 1528 these went aground off the coast of Texas.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:nalcakar at gmail.com
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of go aground
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of go aground with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with go aground
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word go aground in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with go aground.
20 examples of simple sentences of go aground. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of go aground
Compound Sentences with go aground
Complex Sentences with go aground
Compound-Complex Sentences with go aground