arytenoid in a sentence
1) The muscles attached to the arytenoid cartilages control the degree of opening.
2) In all cases, a left-sided arytenoid laryngoplasty was performed.
3) The arytenoid cartilages are held in firm apposition in this voice register also.
arytenoid example sentences4) Stage 2 occurs when the arytenoid cartilage loses its rigidity and gradually collapses inwardly.
5) The movement of the arytenoid regulates the abduction and tension of the vocal folds.
6) The interarytenoid muscles run horizontally between the two arytenoids and adduct the vocal folds.
7) This technique closes the entrance to the airway at the level of the arytenoid cartilages.
8) The position of the arytenoid cartilages plays an important role in all modes of phonation.
9) They are attached posteriorly to the arytenoid cartilages, and anteriorly to the thyroid cartilage.
10) The cartilaginous framework of the larynx consists of the thyroid, cricoid and arytenoid cartilages.
11) Corniculate cartilages: Horn-shaped pieces of elastic cartilage located at the apex of each arytenoid cartilage.
12) While contracting, they rock the arytenoids , causing the mucous part of vocal folds to approximate.
13) It then passes between your vocal folds (also called arytenoids and vocal cords) and brings those muscles together.
14) The lateral cricoarytenoid muscles originate at the muscle of the arytenoid and run to the sides of the cricoid cartilage.
15) The vocal folds are brought together primarily by the action of the interarytenoid muscles, which pull the arytenoid cartilages together.
example sentences with arytenoid16) They rock the arytenoid , pulling the vocal folds apart, causing their abduction (Koreman, 1996:5).
17) If the vocal cords are completely relaxed, with the arytenoid cartilages apart for maximum airflow, the cords do not vibrate.
18) The posterior cricoarytenoid muscles , which start on the posterior surface of the cricoid cartilage and run upward and laterally to the arytenoid cartilage.
19) The movement of the arytenoid opens a three-dimensional triangular space (tetrahedron) between the inner edges of the vocal folds, i.e the glottis.
20) The arytenoid cartilages can be made to rotate in a swivelling movement and to slide apart along the cricoid cartilage on which they are located.
21) The vocal folds are attached at the front of the larynx to the thyroid cartilage and at the back to the arytenoid cartilages.
22) In modern amphibians, the laryngeal skeleton is considerably reduced; frogs have only the cricoid and arytenoid cartilages, while salamanders possess only the arytenoids.
23) The vocal folds can be held close together (by adducting the arytenoid cartilages) so that they vibrate (see phonation).
24) The phonatory muscles are divided into adductors (lateral cricoarytenoid muscles, arytenoid muscles) and tensors (cricothyroid muscles, thyroarytenoid muscles).
25) Arytenoid cartilages: Of the paired cartilages, the arytenoid cartilages are the most important because they influence the position and tension of the vocal folds.
26) Arytenoid cartilages: Of the paired cartilages, the arytenoid cartilages are the most important because they influence the position and tension of the vocal folds.
27) If the arytenoids are pressed together for glottal closure, the vocal cords block the airstream, producing stop sounds such as the glottal stop.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of arytenoid
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of arytenoid with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with arytenoid
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word arytenoid in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with arytenoid.
20 examples of simple sentences of arytenoid. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of arytenoid
Compound Sentences with arytenoid
Complex Sentences with arytenoid
Compound-Complex Sentences with arytenoid