artiodactyl in a sentence
1) Herbivores which are not artiodactyls also occur in the region.
2) This hoofed mammal (an artiodactyl ) went extinct in 1627.
3) Artiodactyls , rare during the early Eocene, became abundant later in the epoch.
artiodactyl example sentences4) The family Raoellidae is said to be the closest artiodactyl family to the cetaceans.
5) The first artiodactyls appeared in the Eocene epoch, 57 to 37 million years ago.
6) Evidently these mammals would soon evolved into two separate lineages: the mesonychians and the artiodactyls .
7) Compared to other artiodactyls , its head is relatively long, pointed, and free of warts.
8) The strong evidence for a clade combining cetaceans and artiodactyls is further discussed in the article Cetartiodactyla.
9) The rate of increase for artiodactyls (0.74) was about a third that of perissodactyls.
10) This extinct artiodactyl (even-toed hoofed mammal) lived during the Oligocene epoch in North America.
11) Native North American artiodactyls include sheep, goats, pronghorns, bison, peccaries, and deer.
12) Cetaceans and artiodactyls are now classified under the super-order Cetartiodactyla, which includes both whales and hippopotami.
13) There are also larger artiodactyl species, such as the Cape buffalo, common eland and the giraffe.
14) The areas now inhabited by scanty forest animals were inhabited by herds of rhinoceros, horses and different artiodactyls .
15) Instead, they are artiodactyls that began to take to the water soon after artiodactyls split from mesonychids.
example sentences with artiodactyl16) Instead, they are artiodactyls that began to take to the water soon after artiodactyls split from mesonychids.
17) Along with whales and porpoises, dolphins are descendants of terrestrial mammals, most likely of the artiodactyl order.
18) Though a pygmy hippo has never been observed burrowing, other artiodactyls , such as warthogs, are burrowers.
19) But more recent molecular phylogeny data suggest that whales are more closely related to the artiodactyls , specifically the hippopotamus.
20) It belongs to the artiodactyls family Raoellidae, and is believed to be the closest sister group of Cetacea.
21) Artiodactyls carry their weight on two or four specialized, hoofed toes of each foot (see Perissodactyla ).
22) After the elephant and rhinoceros , the hippopotamus is the third-largest type of land mammal and the heaviest extant artiodactyl .
23) Nevertheless, artiodactyls were far from dominant at that time: the perissodactyls were much more successful and far more numerous.
24) This tissue is "strikingly convergent" with other "cornified epidermis" in horses, cetaceans, artiodactyls and birds.
25) The perissodactyls include the horses, rhinoceroses, and tapirs; among the artiodactyls are the deer, cattle, and sheep.
26) Mammals ranged in size from rodents to mammoths, including an array of proboscideans, perissodactyls and artiodactyls , alongside rare carnivores.
27) The closest living relatives of cetaceans (whales, dolphins, porpoises) are artiodactyls , hoofed animals, which are almost all pure vegetarians.
28) They are the bats, carnivores ("including the pinnipeds"), artiodactyls , cetaceans, insectivores, and rodents ("including the lagomorphs").
How to use artiodactyl in a sentence29) In recent times the region has seen the rebound of artiodactyls such as the Peninsular bighorn sheep, a distinct population segment of the Desert Bighorn Sheep.
30) She then gives birth in a lying position, which again is different from other artiodactyls which usually give birth in a standing position.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of artiodactyl
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of artiodactyl with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with artiodactyl
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word artiodactyl in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with artiodactyl.
20 examples of simple sentences of artiodactyl. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of artiodactyl
Compound Sentences with artiodactyl
Complex Sentences with artiodactyl
Compound-Complex Sentences with artiodactyl