appal in a sentence
1) Shock me, the fantasy urges, appal me.
2) But the prospect must presumably appal anyone who calls himself a Conservative.
3) Tyrell sighed as if the magnitude of human folly never failed to appal him.
appal example sentences4) Glancing around I met a sight that was enough to appal the stoutest heart.
5) Doesn't appal me either.
6) The idea of modifying mortgages appals legal purists as a violation of the sanctity of contract.
7) And yet, it did not appal me, as the idea had often appalled me.
8) Such a scene of slaughter as there was on one hill would appal a modern soldier.
9) Whence is that knocking?- How is't with me, when every noise appals me?
10) It is that sudden rush of freedom - the empowerment of millions of people - that naturally appals the left.
11) The idea of structureless meanderings on electronic keyboards, of musical tasks being in any way simplified, appals him.
12) The light of day will soon be superfluous; and just as soon, it will frighten and appal me.
13) The decision will appal many MPs who want to see Government money spent on reviving British industry - not overseas competition.
14) The thought does not seem to appal her, as she occasionally hints when making wide-ranging remarks about the nature of Conservatism.
15) But we just have to look back on the quite recent past to see doctrines attitudes and behaviour which now appal us for their narrow minded and ignorant repressiveness.
example sentences with appal16) Here Gothic shrines, odd figures; some that look like mummies, others like old men with long beards, appal us like figures that we see in some wild dream.
17) Their words are soft, leading our hearts by gentleness, in the same manner as in their moments of just indignation they appal and confound us.
18) In my old age the very idea of coping with agents, tenants, taxes, VAT, the Ministry of Agriculture, local authorities and demands all along the line, appals .
19) But even if it could, are we to outlaw the artist's capacity to shock, to appal , to disturb profoundly in the interests of truth?
20) The spectacle of extreme cruelty appals , it also fascinates, it may obscure the sin, which then acquires the dignity of a mystery.
21) To find it so utterly demystified by these modern religions keen to allow people of today to understand... it really appals me.
22) Yet we must be careful not to use these observations as an excuse to disregard those features of the story which do not immediately appeal, or which immediately appal .
23) This nation, which in some ways cannot but appal us by its narrowness, yet seems to express in that a suppressed possibility of some tremendous achievement.
24) The Sermons of Swift have none of that thunder which appals , or that resistless and winning softness which melts, the hearts of an audience.
25) They appal him.
26) The idea of an outsider too close to his home appals him, even though he is in the process of leaving the house.
27) Stephane Anelli as Cosmo is sharply comic, Vicky Binns appals as the heinous Lina Lamont, and Amy Ellen Richardson is a genuine star.
28) There is a good reason for this view as the machine guns took a terrible toll, and the infantry's experiences continue to fascinate and appal people today.
How to use appal in a sentence
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of appal
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of appal with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with appal
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word appal in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with appal.
20 examples of simple sentences of appal. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of appal
Compound Sentences with appal
Complex Sentences with appal
Compound-Complex Sentences with appal