apomixis in a sentence
1) In plants, apomixis may or may not involve parthenogenesis.
2) Vegetative reproduction may be by bulbils or by seeds through apomixis .
3) Apomixis in plants is the formation of a new sporophyte without fertilization.
apomixis example sentences4) For apomixis and similar processes in non-plant organisms, see parthenogenesis.
5) Apomixis occurs in many plant species and also in some non-plant organisms.
6) Apomixis can apparently occur in "Phytophthora", an Oomycete.
7) The genetic composition of the offspring depends on what type of apomixis takes place.
8) The genus includes species with the rare trait of apomixis at the diploid level.
9) Raunkiær also was an early student of apomixis in flowering plants and hybrid swarms.
10) In general, apomixis seems to have preceded hybridisation (Dickinson et al. 2007).
11) Microspecies: A species with very little genetic variability, usually one that reproduces by apomixis .
12) Examples are parthenogenesis and apomixis .
13) The ochlospecies is not readily explained, however, while apomixis is another phenomenon to be taken into account.
14) Although apomixis may occur in some cultivars, rambutan, like lychee, is dependent upon insects for pollination.
15) Some otherwise sterile plant polyploids can still reproduce vegetatively or by seed apomixis , forming clonal populations of identical individuals.
example sentences with apomixis16) Apomixis can also happen in a seed, producing a seed that contains an embryo genetically identical to the parent.
17) Apomixis is common, as in Rubus and Alchemilla (Rosoideae) and Amelanchia , Sorbus , Cotoneaster and Crataegus (Amygdaloideae-Pyrodeae).
18) The second, published in 1938, was titled "The American Species of Crepis: their interrelationships and distribution as affected by polyploidy and apomixis ".
19) In plants, parthenogenesis means the development of an embryo from an unfertilized egg cell, and is a component process of apomixis .
20) The term "clone" is used in horticulture to refer to descendants of a single plant which were produced by vegetative reproduction or apomixis .
21) In agamospermy, also known as apomixis , a seed develops directly from tissues of the ovule rather than from a fertilized egg.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of apomixis
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of apomixis with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with apomixis
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word apomixis in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with apomixis.
20 examples of simple sentences of apomixis. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of apomixis
Compound Sentences with apomixis
Complex Sentences with apomixis
Compound-Complex Sentences with apomixis