antiphonal in a sentence
1) This kind of calling is termed antiphonal duetting.
2) Of these three the antiphonal mode is the most widely followed.
3) Suggestions are also made for antiphonal singing.
antiphonal example sentences4) H&C's recording may be an example of antiphonal duetting.
5) The harpsichords have much dialogue between themselves and play in an antiphonal manner throughout.
6) True antiphonal performance by two alternating choruses still occurs, as in certain German monasteries.
7) Most psalmodic chants are antiphonal and responsorial, sung to free melodies of varying complexity.
8) They show two cases in which antiphonal treatment of strings and wind would be suitable.
9) Antiphonal chants reflect their ancient origins as elaborate recitatives through the reciting tones in their melodies.
10) After a while sitting at the piano I came up with the idea of antiphonal trumpets.
11) And this should be proved by the melodies of the antiphonal graduals as a divine law.
12) Psalmodic chants include "direct psalmody", " antiphonal chants", and "responsorial chants".
13) Parallelism lent itself to antiphonal or call-and-response performance, which could also be reinforced by intonation.
14) At another point, flute and clarinet had an antiphonal pointillistic duet from opposite ends of the stage.
15) In addition, he even seems to have striven for lively, antiphonal , unison recitative".
example sentences with antiphonal16) Some of Nenna's madrigals also make use of the antiphonal style of Andrea Gabrieli.
17) However, antiphonal chants are generally performed in responsorial style by a solo cantor alternating with a chorus.
18) In agreement with the former sources, antiphonal duetting is strongly indicated by H&C's recording.
19) Their music took advantage of the spacious architecture and led to the development of polychoral and antiphonal textures.
20) At the rear of the sanctuary, a 23-rank antiphonal division is located in the gallery balcony.
21) Shouting, antiphonal singing, simultaneous and spontaneous prayer and dance are still commonly found in the worship services.
22) Some larger organs contain an Echo or antiphonal division, usually controlled by a manual placed above the Solo.
23) These include plainsong and the responsorial or antiphonal methods of Gelineau, Taizé and Dom Gregory Murray.
24) In Example 14, an antiphonal effect is evidently required between bars 1 and 2 and bars 3 and 4.
25) These songs remained relatively authentic in nature, antiphonal with a repetitive structure that relied heavily on call and response.
26) The latter possibly antiphonal duetting, as is suggested for the species by Hilty and Brown (1986).
27) This antiphonal method of chanting is still done in monastic houses and anywhere the Liturgy of the Hours is chanted.
28) They are usually structured in the form of dialogue and are interpreted solo, responsorial, antiphonal or in group.
How to use antiphonal in a sentence29) Hindley adds that antiphonal chants between cantor or priest and the congregation was originated by the Hebrews' worship methods.
30) At this time too the practice of antiphonal singing between the cantor and the congregation seems to have become common.
31) The choir rose to the challenge of this difficult work with its' antiphonal effects and blurred overlapping of chords.
32) Ridgely and Tudor (1989) indicate similarity to the closely related species leucotis , which would suggest antiphonal duetting.
33) It is a large three manual instrument with 5 divisions (pedal, choir, great, swell and antiphonal ).
34) The cantor then, was taking the monastic position of antiphoner, adapted to responsorial, rather than antiphonal , Psalm-singing.
35) Tradition has provided other ways to sing the Gloria , antiphonal singing (alternating verses) and chanting being regrettably underused today.
36) However, antiphonal preaching requires that the challenge have an engaging quality in keeping with the style and cadence of black preaching.
37) For the love story, he especially liked antiphonal singers, pairs of birds that sing and respond to each other, like wrens, titmice and cardinals.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of antiphonal
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of antiphonal with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with antiphonal
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word antiphonal in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with antiphonal.
20 examples of simple sentences of antiphonal. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of antiphonal
Compound Sentences with antiphonal
Complex Sentences with antiphonal
Compound-Complex Sentences with antiphonal