anticline in a sentence
1) An anticline is a fold in rock that resembles an arch.
2) An angular unconformity therefore exists along the anticline's crest.
3) In between lies the core of the Ludlow anticline .
anticline example sentences4) It forms a typical anticline near La Tour-Blanche.
5) In extension, listric faults form rollover anticlines in their hanging walls.
6) This structure is an anticline near Jonzac and Sauveterre.
7) Cave - "Water ( anticline ) Cave" at Wellington.
8) It is north from the Weald-Artois anticline .
9) North of this syncline lies the Wellsboro anticline .
10) The Sitakunda fold is an elongated, asymmetrical, box-type double plunging anticline .
11) Between the anticlines are synforms near Saintes and Sarlat.
12) The orebodies are on one limb of a plunging anticline and are extensively faulted.
13) The Cave Mountain anticline is asymmetric to the northwest with a slightly overturned northwest limb.
14) The geology of the Smoke Holes is dominated by the Cave Mountain anticline .
15) These lakes were separated by the Uinta uplift and the Axial Basin anticline .
example sentences with anticline16) Ashdown Forest is itself situated on a local dome, the Crowborough anticline .
17) The Weymouth anticline has a west-east trending axis and plunges to the east.
18) Other specific geological places of interest include the State Circle cutting and the Deakin anticline .
19) The oldest rocks are Precambrian forming bands in two elongated anticlines between Córdoba and Abrantes.
20) In the folded system anticlines erode into the highest and longest massifs of the Apennines.
21) There are four major alignments of the anticlines , all parallel to the Carpathian Range.
22) Those faults may be accompanied by rollover anticline (e.g. Niger Delta Structural Style).
23) Most Yellowknife Supergroup metasediments are tightly folded (isoclinal) or occur in plunging anticlines .
24) The Cogan House anticline runs north of and parallel to the upper part of the creek.
25) On the Mendips the crest of the anticline is truncated by erosion, forming a plateau.
26) Germany Valley is characterized by Ordovician limestones at the culmination of the Wills Mountain anticline .
27) In the apex of the anticline , the slate units are thicker than other sedimentary rock types.
28) The stratigraphic sedimentary succession of the Goldboro area is affected by the Upper Seal Harbour anticline .
How to use anticline in a sentence29) Anticline : linear, strata normally dip away from axial center, "oldest" strata in center.
30) The Rock Springs Uplift (Figure 1) is a north-south oriented, doubly plunging anticline .
31) The Corallian strata can be seen on the Weymouth anticline , between Abbotsbury and Osmington.
32) Later, oil remigrated and was trapped in anticlines that began to form in Early Cretaceous time.
33) One of these faults, the Verde Fault, runs directly under Jerome along the Jerome anticline .
34) It contains many Brachiopods, particularly in the Weymouth anticline where the oyster beds are 5 metres thick.
35) The geomorphology of these last two zones is dominated by a fold known as the Islay anticline .
36) The Yarralumla brickworks quarry and the Deakin anticline are places where the formation is exposed and easily studied.
37) Structural traps and stratigraphic traps are formed from Salt Diapirism which gave rise to anticline folds and faulting.
38) The northeast limb of this principal anticline is much steeper than the opposite one which declines toward the ocean.
39) The GLTZ was an active dextral strike-slip zone south of Marquette, passing under the large Marquette anticline .
40) The Ortobalagan Valley extends along the crest of the Berchil'sky anticline , which gently dips northwest.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of anticline
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of anticline with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with anticline
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word anticline in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with anticline.
20 examples of simple sentences of anticline. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of anticline
Compound Sentences with anticline
Complex Sentences with anticline
Compound-Complex Sentences with anticline