airburst in a sentence
1) The larger calibers of anti-aircraft artillery are almost always used airburst .
2) This phenomenon is called asteroid airburst or bolide .
3) In effect, the results were those of an airburst barrage.
airburst example sentences4) Bell developed two complete fuzing systems, airburst or surface burst.
5) As an airburst , Tunguska was a more intense event.
6) Such lower-density objects would airburst even higher.
7) Low airburst , typically about 10 metres, was used with HE.
8) This helped them reconstruct its path and the damage the airburst caused.
9) Airburst fuzes usually have a combined airburst and impact function.
10) Airburst fuzes usually have a combined airburst and impact function.
11) That makes an airburst at any impact angle , according to impact calculations.
12) WE.177B had airburst , impact, or laydown options.
13) However, airburst fuzes have to have the required fuze length set.
14) Airbursts produce white, steamy stems.
15) This air is strongly heated and expands very quickly to produce an explosion or airburst .
example sentences with airburst16) A three-dimensional simulation of the 15 February airburst over Chelyabinsk, Russia.
17) For their next nuke test may I suggest an airburst say 1000 feet above them ?
18) Tunguska was a 15-Mton airburst at an altitude of roughly a scale height.
19) It's not terribly surprising that the Chelyabinsk airburst came out of the blue.
20) These sites often pick up airbursts from small asteroid impacts, commonly called fireballs or bolides.
21) FIG. 2 airburst altitudes for four 15-Mton stony asteroids with different incidence angles.
22) Airburst fuzes have to have the fuze length (running time) set on them.
23) FIG. 1 airburst altitudes for five 15-Mton candidate Tunguska bolides incident at 45°.
24) Airburst fuses were either igniferious (based on a burning fuse) or mechanical (clockwork).
25) The NOVA program called the video documentation and the related scientific discoveries of the airburst "unprecedented".
26) The early versions were often limited to proximity airburst , albeit with height of burst options, and impact.
27) The airburst then generates a powerful blast wave consisting of an abrupt pressure pulse followed by a substantial wind .
28) Programmable airburst munitions can defeat an enemy behind cover to break the parity of direct-fire , small-arms engagements.
How to use airburst in a sentence29) The best energy estimates are based on air and seismic wave records, compared with nuclear airbursts of comparable yield.
30) It was the largest airburst on the planet since the famed Tunguska event in 1908, also in Russia.
31) Airburst fuzes, using a preset timing device initiated by the gun firing, were the earliest type of fuze.
32) War stocks in western armies are now predominately 'multi-function' offering a choice of several ground and airburst functions.
33) This principle was applied in British experiments with bombs, anti-aircraft missiles, and airburst shells (circa 1939).
34) This is especially important with airburst nuclear weapons, and in situations where the aircraft releases a bomb at low altitude.
35) Note that the Tunguska event was an airburst from a cometary fragment, not an impact by a stony asteroid.
36) The red dots indicate the reported instances of atmospheric entry at 65.4 km altitude and for the airburst at 37 km.
37) Moreover, the relatively high clearance between the truck and the ground gave it the more lethal characteristics of an airburst .
38) We therefore expect the Tunguska fireball to have reached a height above its airburst altitude appropriate to a nuclear surface burst.
39) Thus a meteor airburst of a given energy is "much more damaging than an equivalent nuclear explosion at the same altitude.
40) Its shots are said to function like a real-life proximity-fused airburst projectile, scattering over a wide area for maximum anti-personnel effect.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:nalcakar at gmail.com
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of airburst
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of airburst with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with airburst
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word airburst in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with airburst.
20 examples of simple sentences of airburst. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of airburst
Compound Sentences with airburst
Complex Sentences with airburst
Compound-Complex Sentences with airburst