airborne assault in a sentence
1) There was an airborne assault followed by a mechanized assault.
2) This airborne assault would be made in daylight.
3) Covered the airborne assault across the Rhine in Mar 1945.
airborne assault example sentences4) On 20 May a German airborne assault on Crete began.
5) GIANT II was an airborne assault on Rome area.
6) He was investigating an airborne assault .
7) By 24 May, all preparations for the airborne assault were complete.
8) This was the first Allied airborne assault in the Pacific Theater.
9) The invasion was initiated with an airborne assault on Republican capital Yogyakarta.
10) Göring had not given up hope of winning a victory by airborne assault .
11) This was the last large-scale airborne assault by Hitler and the Germans.
12) GIANT I was an airborne assault on the Volturno River crossing.
13) The next mission for 16 PFA was the airborne assault in the Netherlands.
14) A 1,200-plane airborne assault preceded an amphibious assault involving more than 5,000 vessels.
15) The airborne assault itself is also known as the Raid on Drvar ().
example sentences with airborne assault16) However, a majority of airborne , air assault and Spetsnaz officers served in-country.
17) The airborne assault was preceded by heavy bombing of the town by the "Luftwaffe".
18) Iraqi forces launch an airborne assault on rebel-held Tikrit with at least one helicopter crashing.
19) In the early fall of 1944 they began preparing for an airborne assault into the occupied Netherlands.
20) Owing to a shortage of gliders, only Battery 211 participated in the airborne assault on D-Day.
21) Bradley insisted that 75 per cent of the airborne assault be delivered by gliders for concentration of forces.
22) No 2 Commando were tasked with specialising in airborne assault and became the nucleus of the Parachute Regiment.
23) Following the airborne assault , the paratroopers soon found themselves engaged in fierce combat in urban and rural areas.
24) The 40th provided two of the five crews for the initial airborne assault on Point Salines Airport.
25) The airborne assault went as scheduled on 17 September 1944, with an improved performance by troop carrier units.
26) The defending forces were to try to defend the airport and the surrounding area and repel the airborne assault .
27) If the enveloping detachment was dismounted, it was usually composed of airborne , air assault or reconnaissance forces.
28) MacArthur's plan involved a combined amphibious and airborne assault , the most difficult of all modern military maneuvers.
How to use airborne assault in a sentence29) In England, training was hard, realistic and became increasingly oriented toward an airborne assault into German-held Europe.
30) Convinced of the effectiveness of airborne assaults , the Allies hurried to train and organize their own airborne units.
31) The 1st Battalion, under the command of the 28-year-old Gorham spearheaded the first regimental-sized airborne assault .
32) Airborne , air assault and SPETSNAZ forces were refitted with roomier BTRs and BMPs instead of their BMDs.
33) Deploy the agile eagle drone fighter to repel Razar 's airborne assault or aim and fire the rotating tower cannon.
34) The British Army contributed forces to the amphibious assault on Suez and British paratroopers took part in the airborne assault .
35) On the morning of 20 May 1941, Crete was the theater of the first major airborne assault in history.
36) In August, an airborne assault on Lookout Mountain and Missionary Ridge prevented Chattanooga from becoming a Confederate Pittsburgh.
37) Two British light fleet carriers were pressed into service to carry helicopters, and a battalion-sized airborne assault was made.
38) However these plans were scrapped on 20 January, apparently because of the high losses during the airborne assaults at Sicily.
39) The most tactical innovation was seen among the airborne , air assault and Spetsnaz forces and the two separate motorized rifle brigades.
40) It envisaged an airborne assault with one German and one Italian airborne division, under the command of German General Kurt Student.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of airborne assault
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of airborne assault with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with airborne assault
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word airborne assault in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with airborne assault.
20 examples of simple sentences of airborne assault. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of airborne assault
Compound Sentences with airborne assault
Complex Sentences with airborne assault
Compound-Complex Sentences with airborne assault