Apelles in a sentence
1) By what power, Apelles , are you removing my landmarks?
2) Again, Scheiner used the pseudonym of Apelles .
3) Apelles , bishop of Heraclea (in Trachis).
Apelles example sentences4) Their leaders were Apelles and Leontius.
5) During the princedom of Nero the painting by Apelles deteriorated and it could not be restored.
6) They flocked for the Calumny of Apelles and Gerda, Princess of Tyre in Newcastle.
7) Apelles is described as the greatest painter of Antiquity for perfect technique in drawing, brilliant color and modeling.
8) Erasmus wrote a glowing "encomium" about the artist, likening him to famous Greek painter of antiquity Apelles .
9) Burke's tribute was well received and one journalist called it "the eulogium of Apelles pronounced by Pericles".
10) Close on their heels follows Apelles , a disciple of Marcion, ... The Law and the prophets he repudiates.
11) The French poet and reformer Nicholas Bourbon dubbed him "the Apelles of our time," a typical contemporary accolade.
12) Open-ended Narration in Paintings by Apelles , Raphael, Michelangelo, Titian, Rembrandt and Ter Borch".
13) Among its most famous sons were the physician Hippocrates, the painter Apelles , the poets Philitas and, perhaps, Theocritus.
14) Schama presents a substantial argument that it was the famous ancient Greek painter Apelles who is depicted in contemplation by Rembrandt and not Aristotle.
15) Elsewhere Origen classes the Ophites as heretics of the graver sort with the followers of Marcion, Valentinus, Basilides, and Apelles ("Commentary on Matthew" 3:852).
example sentences with Apelles16) This might be translated "In one thing Apelles stood out, namely, knowing when he had put enough work into a painting.
17) One of the portraits was of Lais of Corinth, mistress of Apelles , the famous artist of Greek antiquity after whom Holbein was named in humanist circles.
18) Depicting the 'Calumny of Apelles ', it might appeal to Mr Mellor (est. £200,000-300,000; $306,000-459,000.
19) The composition is similar to that of the painting Apelles and Campaspe (Kunsthistorisches Museum, Vienna) by Joos van Whighe (Brussels 1544 - Frankfurt 1603).
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of Apelles
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of Apelles with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with Apelles
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word Apelles in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with Apelles.
20 examples of simple sentences of Apelles. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of Apelles
Compound Sentences with Apelles
Complex Sentences with Apelles
Compound-Complex Sentences with Apelles