Aeschylus in a sentence
1) But Aeschylus too was sick at heart.
2) Aeschylus was to establish the basic rules of tragic drama.
3) Aeschylus had called him by this epithet several times.
Aeschylus example sentences4) Aeschylus's works were influential beyond his own time.
5) Aeschylus's work has a strong moral and religious emphasis.
6) We must offend those who offend us, says Aeschylus .
7) There are no reliable sources for the life of Aeschylus .
8) Or perhaps Aeschylus squared the leading critics of his time.
9) Aeschylus calls Selene "the eye of night".
10) He is told to guard Aeschylus' chair while he is away.
11) Plutarch further contends that following this loss Aeschylus soon left for Sicily.
12) Aeschylus is attributed with the introducing the second actor to the stage.
13) Sophocles' opinion of Aeschylus was mixed.
14) Aeschylus , Agamemnon 54 ff (trans.
15) On Aeschylus , "Agamemnon", line 106.
example sentences with Aeschylus16) Pratinas definitely competed with Aeschylus and worked from 499 BC.
17) Aeschylus's nephew Philocles took first prize at that competition.
18) After a competition Aeschylus is chosen in preference to Euripides.
19) The story is a retelling of the Oresteia by Aeschylus .
20) Another example is in the tragedy Agamemnon, by Aeschylus .
21) Michael Ewans argues in his "Wagner and Aeschylus .
22) He translated Pindar and Aeschylus into German.
23) Xerxes is the central character of the Aeschylus play "The Persians.
24) In this category be placed Aeschylus' Persians and Oresteia.
25) Aeschylus had at least two brothers, Cynegeirus and Ameinias.
26) Well and good, you say, but what about Aeschylus ?
27) The name of Colchis first appears in Aeschylus and Pindar.
28) Aeschylus of Athens (pp. 205 ff.) also visited him.
How to use Aeschylus in a sentence29) At twenty-seven, against the veteran Aeschylus , he won the first prize.
30) But it would be an error to think of Aeschylus as sermonizing.
31) The most important authors of Greek tragedies are Aeschylus , Sophocles and Euripides.
32) Heracleides of Pontus asserts that the crowd watching the play tried to stone Aeschylus .
33) Only one complete trilogy of tragedies has survived, the "Oresteia" of Aeschylus .
34) It appears that Aeschylus "is trying to preserve the dignity of a severely battered institution.
35) He also developed his characters to a greater extent than earlier playwrights such as Aeschylus .
36) Aeschylus and his knowledge of the Eleusinian mysteries But one feels closer to Socrates.
37) It comforts me to remember that Aristophanes likes Aeschylus no better than I do.
38) Drama: The Oresteia by Aeschylus ; Hamlet and Macbeth by Shakespeare.
39) Aristotle claimed that Aeschylus added the second actor, and that Sophocles introduced the third.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:nalcakar at gmail.com
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of Aeschylus
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of Aeschylus with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with Aeschylus
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word Aeschylus in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with Aeschylus.
20 examples of simple sentences of Aeschylus. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of Aeschylus
Compound Sentences with Aeschylus
Complex Sentences with Aeschylus
Compound-Complex Sentences with Aeschylus