Aeschines in a sentence
1) Eudoxus's father Aeschines of Cnidus loved to watch stars at night.
2) Aeschines won his case, and Timarchus was sentenced to "atimia".
3) In his speeches, Aeschines uses pederastic relations of Demosthenes as a means to attack him.
Aeschines example sentences4) This is based on an ancient scholiast's annotation of a copy of Aeschines's works.
5) According to Kahn, every single episode in Aeschines' Aspasia is not only fictitious but incredible.
6) Aspasia appears in the philosophical writings of Plato, Xenophon, Aeschines Socraticus and Antisthenes.
7) I am working on an Oxford Text of the orator Isaios and a commentary on Aeschines 3.
8) Our major sources for Aeschines Socraticus' "Aspasia" are Athenaeus, Plutarch, and Cicero.
9) For his part, Aeschines stigmatized his intensity, attributing to his rival strings of absurd and incoherent images.
10) Aeschines presents Aspasia as a teacher and inspirer of excellence, connecting these virtues with her status as hetaira.
11) Aeschines Socraticus and Antisthenes each named a Socratic dialogue after Aspasia (though neither survives except in fragments).
12) This proposal became a political issue and, in 330 BC, Aeschines prosecuted Ctesiphon on charges of legal irregularities.
13) Lysias XIX 1,2,3, Isaeus X 1, Isocrates XV 79, Aeschines II 24).
14) Kahn maintains that Plato has taken from Aeschines the motif of Aspasia as teacher of rhetoric for Pericles and Socrates.
15) He finally defeated Aeschines , although his enemy's objections to the crowning were arguably valid from a legal point of view.
example sentences with Aeschines16) In 343 BC Demosthenes delivered "On the False Embassy" against Aeschines , who was facing a charge of high treason.
17) Aeschines accused Demosthenes of complicity in the murder, pointing out that Nicodemus had once pressed a lawsuit accusing Demosthenes of desertion.
18) Only fragments survive of those by Aeschines of Sphettus and Antisthenes , both Athenians, and Phaedo of Elis (after whom Plato's dialogue Phaedo is named).
19) Thereby, he advised his countrymen to abide by the provisions of the peace, but he opposes Aeschines , who believed in an alliance between Macedon and Athens.
20) During this meeting, Aeschines made the case that Philip should hand the former Athenian colony of Amphipolis back to Athens in return for peace.
21) By the end of February, the Athenians had dispatched an embassy, including Philocrates, Demosthenes and Aeschines , to Philip to discuss peace between Athens and Macedon.
22) In one of his discourses ("Against Timarkhos", I, 745), Aeschines argues against one such man in court, who in his youth had been a notorious escort.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:nalcakar at gmail.com
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of Aeschines
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of Aeschines with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with Aeschines
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word Aeschines in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with Aeschines.
20 examples of simple sentences of Aeschines. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of Aeschines
Compound Sentences with Aeschines
Complex Sentences with Aeschines
Compound-Complex Sentences with Aeschines